Monday, April 30, 2012

The GW2 BWE Phase Four: The World Itself

I've mentioned that you can kill yourself by jumping off of bridges or mountains.  I've done it.  You will get hurt based on how high you jumped (so it's not always lethal) and water does NOT cushion your fall from what I've seen.

It's a pretty big world but the starting areas are focused in what those who've played the first Guild Wars would know as the Divinity Coast (the little village grew in 250 years), the southern Shiverpeaks (I'm sure that the Dwarves having the plotline they did last game has something to do with their complete absence), and Ascalon (which is no longer so barren and burning and more overrun with Charr and angry ghosts of cursed Ascalonians from the first game - I don't blame them since, if I were killed by Charr and then cursed to walk the land for all eternity by my king, I'd be pissed after a couple hundred years).  Apparently Elona has undergone some changes although Elona proper isn't even on the map at this point - just the portion with Ascension from Prophecies.


I was pretty confined to these areas above.  I did try to get out or into areas through zonelines they haven't activated yet only to encounter the "big red NO sign".





That aside, there was plenty to see and explore anyway.  Apparently we can expect to go to the Tarnished Coast (presumably Asura start there), Ruins of Orr (yay, undead), what appears to remain of the Crystal Desert, the Ring of Fire and other familiar areas which might be named/renamed.


I'm going to go out on a limb and conjecture that the Maguuma Wastes are where the Sylvari are going to hail from.

Compare the above to the map of Kryta and the surrounding areas from the first Guild Wars game:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment