Monday, April 30, 2012

The GW2 BWE Phase One: Character Creation (Norn)

At this point, the Beta Weekend Event allowed creation of a Charr, Human or Norn.  All classes were playable and crafting was present.  This is the first event without an NDA in place so I was actually encouraged by Arenanet to take pictures and video.

These are the "viking were-bears" from Guild Wars Eye of the North.  Now you can actually play as them - not just use their skills or take them as NPC heroes in your party.


 Let me just say, I love the diversity of character creation options as a Norn.  You can be a skinny Norn, a buff Norn or just a nice curvy Norn.  Real women with curves, rejoice.









You can give a Norn scars, which is pretty neat.  I think there are "aged" faces for them and human too but I forgot to screencap them.


This isn't the darkest skin tone, if you'll note, so you can make a black or brown skinned Norn.  Norn of every flavor!  They aren't just Scandinavian anymore.  I tried the darkest and she kind of looked Drow though.  Well...eight feet tall and Drow.







Yes, like before, you can change every aspect of their appearance and they have a background questionnaire.


I love how they ask you about your Norn "regret" equivalent.


If you played Guild Wars 1, you already know all of the animals except for Leopard.  Who is this leopard guy anyway?  I think this is akin to your social standing as a human so it's probably intertwined with your storyline after the original hunt (which didn't change when I chose another animal).





Again, not my name.  This is how a Norn backstory can look at the end when you confirm the name.  Note that I made a really curvy Norn and a really skinny one (I think I could have made her breasts smaller but that's it) and they're even different heights.  These are the extremes of female Norn creation differences.  I loved my curvy Norn though - girl gamers rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment